The testimony of Mr. Chandru on March 30 2016 at Venkatapura, India.
Mr. Chandru is 32 miles away from Venkatapura Church, in a village called Beerandahalli. Father died when he was 9 years old. He is drinking alcohol, chain smoking, going for the prostitution and quarreling with mother. Since 2 years of age, he was sick. There is no peace and joy in the home. Mother took him to the hospitals and different temples for the pujaas and mantras. Mother spent lots of money. Finally he was desperate and still not getting healed.
Possessed by a Demon:
On March 30th, Wednesday his one uncle, Mr. Munikrishna (believer from Venkatapura church) brought him to his home Venkatapura. On that day I went to the house visiting and I got time to meet Chandru in Munikrishna house. In that night I have conducted night prayer meeting at Munikrishna’s house. At the time of praying for sick people, I called Chandru for the Prayer. When I was praying for him, Mr. Chandru spoke out in a strange voice, “I came to this village to take 2 dead bodies”. He was possessed by Nagadevatha demon (snake god). It was clear that he was possessed shouting, “I cannot leave this place without killing 2 people”.
It was around 10pm that we prayed and I keep my hand on the head of Chandru and rebuked the demon in the name of Lord Jesus Christ and believed God’s power for him. When I was speaking, he was fallen down. He began to spew from the mouth with big noise and shouts. The demon shouted out of Chandru, “I am not leaving this place” with big screaming.
But God Has All Authority!
God prevailed and he was delivered from the demon around 11pm and Chandru was healed and freed completely. From last Sunday April 3rd onward he and his mother have attend the Church. God has the victory because He is the prevailing King! We rejoice the the greatness of our God. It is our declaration that, “whom the Son sets free is free indeed” to live by God’s power! (Jn. 8:36)
Pray for Chandru and his spiritual growth in Christ… today he is free!
The Apostle Paul understood focus… perhaps more than anyone in the Early Church, because he had lived without focus, without clarity and without Christ. In fact, he said he was living as an enemy of God by persecuting the earliest believers the way he was in Acts 8. He was feared by those who were followers of Christ and questioned often, as he became a supporting part of the Church he once fought against.
Blindness is a focus problem:
Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we do not lose heart. But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor handling the word of God deceitfully, but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God. But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus’ sake. For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. (2 Cor 4:1-6)
3 Keys to Focus:
- Its not you!
- Its all about Jesus!
- We are Bondservants for His Sake!
The True – The Noble – The Right – The Pure – The Lovely – The Admirable
If its excellent and praise-worthy… think on these things!
What I also find amazing about the Apostle Paul is that he was given a thorn in the flesh, because of the enormous impact the weighty revelation of God was having upon his thought-life and his character in prison (2 Cor. 12:7). Here is a man who learned how to focus! Notice that the thorn in the flesh was a messenger of Satan and not sent from God… but worked to keep him focused on Christ not on himself, so that he would not be exalted above measure. His cry for grace was never ignored and grace came from the Father of Light… a grace that sustained him and brought him into a platform of seeing. Indeed focus will release revelation and refine revelation, because it calls us to the highest platform of seeing. Seeing Jesus… abiding in His light and settling for nothing but the renewed mind!
Jesus said “I only do, what I see the Father doing!” (Jn. 5:19)
“My child why are you constantly complaining about your situation?”
The time has come to open up our eyes to the wonderful help that comes from the countenance of the Father! May I remind you what happened to the Children of Israel while in the wilderness. They complained and gossiped… they went around the mountain year after year. They were only eleven miles from the promise land – yet they wandered around the mountain year after year after year – forty long years they remained there. In fact, many got so comfortable hanging on to their baggage, that they made friends with other folks just like themselves. They were looked forward and never seeing themselves correctly.
The Children of Israel were a difficult group to lead through the wilderness. They chose to complain about their problems… to everyone they came in contact with. Rather than praise God right into the Promised Land, they chose to murmur! Do you complain and tell others how big your problems are… or do you tell your problems how big your God is?
God has promised to make a way where there seems to be no way! He will even make a road in the middle of the wilderness and create rivers in the desert.
Faith talking people focus on the road more than they do the wilderness! God made the road and has already walked it ahead of you and it’s safe, reliable and trustworthy. You don’t have to just try to find your way through life. God has a plan just for you (Jer. 29:11) with specific direction on the way! The road itself is clear – it’s the way to eternal and abundant life! It’s your choice… focus on your problems or focus on the Lord. Start today telling your problems how Big Your God is – instead of telling your God and people how big your problems are. Walk by faith and not by sight (2 Cor. 5:7).
- “So Jesus answered and said to them, Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.” (Mk. 11:22-25)
- “Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness. And rivers in the desert.” (Isa. 43:18-19)
- “The righteous shall live by faith!” (Hab. 2:4)
Finding Comfort in the Father’s Countenance: It was David’s Remedy (Psalm 42-43 & 142-143)
- Remember the Lord: He is your strength, your help, your shield and defender.
- Meditate on His Promises: Remind your heart that He has not left you.
- Consider His Purposes: Testify of all the Works of His hands.
- Worship Him: Praise Him and enter His gates with thanksgiving.
- Pray: Cry out to Him – With Voice and Volume!
- Agree with His Covenant Realities: Declare His Word over your battle.
- Renew your Mind: Pour out your heart to Him and receive His Kingdom.
- Cast all your Cares upon Him: Lift up your hands… to receive Father’s embrace.
- Take Refuge in His Love: Take Shelter Under the Shade of His Wings.
- Focus on His Pleasure: See the Smile on Your Father’s Face!
“We are not fighting against flesh and blood, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places” (Eph. 6:12)
I understand more clearly now that with authority comes much responsibility. The more influence I have in the world, the more wisdom I need to navigate life redemptively so that the purposes of God are fulfilled in my time. Favor amplifies the influence of my life, but favor alone doesn’t help me make good decisions. I have to seek God for His perspectives, and connect with wise people for their insights and counsel. It’s in the abundance of counselors that there is victory.
CAPACITY AND TALENT
When I hire people or ask them to join my team, I look for people with capacity, not just talent. I have hired many very kind, gifted and talented people over the last 30 years, who have no capacity…they can’t carry pressure. The weight of responsibility crushes them.
5 SOURCES OF CAPACITY
Capacity has at least 5 sources:
1. Personality – in other words, some people are just born with more capacity than others. We often use phrases like “Joe has thick skin.” We’re saying that Joe can carry a lot of pressure, or take a lot of criticism without crumbling.
2. Experience – capacity tends to grow with experience. For example, the mother who has her first child tends to worry about everything that happens to him or her. But by the time she gets to child number three, they are playing in the rain with a cold.
3. Influences – great leaders choose who influences them. They surround themselves with people who increase their capacity by giving them great counsel, and at times help carry the load with them.
4. The God factor – people who have a great relationship with God inherently have more capacity. They lean on their their relationship with Him and He helps them through their hard days. He keeps them in perfect peace when they keep their mind on Him.
5. Identity – people who know who they are can weather storms more easily than those who have no confidence in themselves. Tough times only reinforce noble peoples’ identity. Trials forge our character and reveal our godly nature, or they point out cracks in our personhood.
For more, check out my Leadership Flash Drive… subscribe to my newsletter, sign up here: http://krisvallotton.com/
We are at a political tipping point in the United States of America. Jesus Christ told the church to “occupy” until He comes and it is part of the Church’s “Great Commission” to go into all the world and make disciples. That directive was articulated in the seven mountains strategy that Campus Crusade founder Bill Bright received in 1975, confirmed by other prolific voices in the Body.
The 7 Mountain Mandate:
These seven mountains are business, government, media, arts and entertainment, education, the family and religion. It is so critical for the Church to have a sound Biblical understanding of the political climate of our nation and what our stance should be as a Body and a believer when we are assessing the political mountain of culture. There has not been such a vicious and divisive political climate that I’m aware of for the past sixty-five years. Not only has this year’s election been dividing the political parties, but it has brought division in the Body of Christ. A house divided cannot stand! I know people are angry about the current state of America’s government. How do we navigate through all of the rhetoric and noise coming from the media? How do we understand our duty as the New Testament Church?
“Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time, for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am speaking the truth in Christ and not lying—a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth. I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting;” (1 Timothy 2:1-8)
I am convinced that the failed results of the past eight years in the political mountain has produced great confusion and corruption. It is because the majority of the Church spent more time complaining about the current administration, instead of following the Biblical instruction to lift our leaders up in prayer… even if we do not like them or agree with them. A follower of Christ must resolve not to get caught up in political drama. People in all parties should be affected by godly character and deep commitment to pray for the governmental leaders. Throughout the history of the Church, God has placed His people around totalitarian governments and difficult political atmospheres for the very purpose of having their prayers change the governmental mountains of the day.
To gain a deeper understanding of this dynamic, we must grasp the fact that many people are sent to the governmental realm with a “Kingdom Assignment”. God has sent many over the centuries to be a “voice of change” and a “root of righteousness” among world powers. God had Daniel influence the shape of Babylon. The Lord used Paul to impact Rome and the entire known world. Moses was a tool God used to shut one nation down and re-birth another. Ultimately Father God sent Jesus to carry the government upon His shoulders.
“For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, to order it and establish it with judgment and justice from that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.” (Isaiah 9:6-7)
The Calling of God:
If you are a believer that feels the call to this governmental mountain, you too will be challenged in these same areas. You will be attacked with all the temptations of idolatry, and your spiritual identity will be tested. You will have to learn to eat lunch with an enemy, but have a resolve to bring the Kingdom into new territory. You will need to be rooted and grounded in your spiritual DNA, in order to not take on a party DNA, as your true source of guidance. The difficult thing will be establishing the Kingdom within the party to which you are assigned. There must be believers commissioned in this mountain in order to occupy it! Ignoring the responsibility of the church to influence this mountain would be a grave injustice. Separation of church and state was instituted to keep government out of church, not to keep believers of government. The first Congress in 1776 was a prayer session.
We must understand two critical things.
- God can use and has used evil kings to establish His purposes under the sun. Do not fret about who gets elected or who does not. He used king Cyrus, Pharaoh and Nebuchadnezzar for His purposes. God is still the King of kings and Lord of lords.
- A believer has an obligation to pray for those in government and the responsibility to research the men of God in this political mountain and vote for the candidate that they feel the Holy Spirit has led them to support. PRAY – DO YOUR RESEARCH – AND VOTE!
When you vote, vote your values and morals. Vote guided by Biblical Truth. Vote your convictions. Above all, pray for all parties and government leaders so we can see unity and a spiritual awakening in our nation!